Serious question, lightly asked

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:03:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/99 9:53:00 PM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

> Et Al;
>   One of the most common descriptions of grands is the term "baby grand".
We
>  say it, salesmen say it, customers say it, manufacturers don't often say
it
>  though :-)

I only hear customers use the term. They think its cute. They love the term
SO much that they can't bear the thought of any grand being too big to be a
baby grand, so to them every grand IS a baby grand. Billy Joel sang about his
baby grand. The song would not have been nearly as endearing if it had not
been his "baby".

I remember watching officials empty the posessions from OJ's Brentwood estate
on TV a while back. As his 7'+ grand came out the door the commentator
remarked that they were now bringing out OJ's baby grand. It could have been
a 9' piano. It didn't matter. If we were to feel anything for OJ's loss, it
HAD to be his "baby".

Dave Bunch