Cyber ears

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:26:16 EDT

Et Al;
 What this discussion is pointing out is that wet ware has capabilities that
hard ware does not and vice versa.  Wet ware has an infinite amount of
perceptual ability within its operational range, wheras hard ware has a
finite capability. Wet ware is variable with each user , hardware works the
same for everyone.

  The difficulty arising with even the most accurate analytical hardware is
that wet ware percieves sound differently. Sounds that are "mathmatically",
or even "beat rate", correct are not needfully the sounds that are the 'best'
as sought for.

  I love my SAT, but I argue with it all the time. Having a like device that
could "accurately" display timely "beat rate" data would likely create more
arguments between me and device :-)  Still, I am enjoying the discussion and
learning.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)