O.K. how about another one!?!

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:57:15 -0400

Ron Giesbrecht wrote:
> the center pins have started to bend slightly from the accumulative effects of 20 years of playing

Nice theory, but I don't think so.  Considering how much force is
required to intentionally bend a pin (as in spacing jacks) there is
simply not enough leverage for this to happen on a hammer center pin.
This type of bending does not occur with other pianos I have worked on
over the last 37 years.

When repinning these "frozen" flanges it is necessary to ream the
bushings and I can FEEL and HEAR contaminations in the felt.  It feels
like very fine sand.  This is an observation I have made over the last
27 or so years working with Asian made pianos.  I have never
encountered this feel in European or American made pianos.

		Newton