Kimball La Petite

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 01:37:06 EDT

Bob and Conrad:

While the petite is an example of a price driven product,  the action only
needed a stable, regulatable jack rest.  A regulating screw resting on a
rubber square made no sense.  The action might have almost worked except for
this.  I don't think these things worked in the factory.   If the cabinets
were ugly we could catupult these pianos and charge a fee commensurate with
our time and labor to build the catupult - but unfortunately the angry,
regretful customer who would otherwise pay for this cannot afford it (which
is why she bought the piano in the first place....) She needs the bucks when
she buys a better grand.

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University
Loma Linda, CA

<< The absolute worst thing about it was action, however.  The furniture
 designers didn't like the proportions of the case with a full sized
 normally configured action. (Too deep)  So... to make the furniture _look_
 right they forced the use of that low profile alleged action and made that
 wonderful music rack. >>