WHAT! is wrong, exactly?

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:27:59 -0700

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services wrote:

> the
> notes ring on,<<<<

"Notes ring on"--------choice of words suggests damper problem.

Distortion on attack, poor sustain, buzzing, happens while
execution takes place. "Ring on" suggests hard dampers that
buzz when contacting sting, misaligned &/or poorly adjusted
dampers????????

> next to nothing until mid treble area (no treble break on a knight) and
> even there it is poor.So, I'm hesitent on how to advise on correcting a
> downbearing problem which I would like list help on.<<<<

I have a two clients with old, old clunkers with collapsed soundboardsand
negitive bearing that I've inserted wood shim between
posts and soundboard to artificially create some insta-crown.
Big improvement in tone on those instruments---realatively speaking

> before <<<<

Have you tried seating some strings on bridges??
Done to eliminate false beats but can
give tonal improvements.

                                                Good Luck
                                                 Dave Renaud