O.K. how about another one!?!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:06:23 EDT

Greg;
I would go with the alcohol. There is a tech here in town who insists on
using lubricants and most of the Yamaha grands that I see where he has used
whatever it is he uses exihibit this problem. Typical owner comment goes
something like "but it worked better before-------fixed it!"  Alcohol/water
has cured the problem every time and there has been no recurrence to the best
of my knowledge.
Yamaha shanks, due to their construction, are the most stable shanks we deal
with and when one of them is giving problems it is 'usually' due to something
someone has done to it other than Yamaha.
 Jim Bryant (FL)