Shape of things to come?

Woodrow, John (Parramatta) John.Woodrow@pil.com.au
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:24:11 +1000

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:02:34 -0400
From: "Eugenia Carter" <ginacarter@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Shape of things to come?
<snip>
With your CD, there are many aspects why it is so enjoyable for me to
listen
to. First and foremost is it's Beethoven! Then it's such a well sounding
piano--solid unisons, even tone, obviously regulated and tuned as good
as it
can be. The tuning allows the music to come through; it doesn't
interfere
with the music. Then she's such a great performer. Her knowledge and
love of
Beethoven shine. I play your CD often because of these reasons.

I wish I could say it's because of the temperament, but I think the
reasons
above will compensate. :-)
<

Eugina & List,
Just recently got a copy of the CD from Amazon.com .  While I know Ed
sells them, Amazon offers an easy option to get hold of the CD,
especially to us 'foreigners'.

Anyone vaguely interested in the topic should get hold of this CD.
While I agree with Eugina that a lot of factors contribute to the
success of the project, for me the outstanding feature of the CD is the
clear and different key color of the various pieces.  I assume that this
was the aim of the CD, and IMO it succeeds in demonstrating the key
colors that a Well Temperament offers.

Check it out for yourself and make up your own mind if you haven't done
so already.

Regards,
John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia