Different Attitudes

Lew Jones lewjone@prodigy.net
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:12:21 -0400

Susan Kline and others interested

I am new to the List- just a couple of months.  I can already see where
it would be, at times, difficult to keep ones cool.  However, to keep
the learning process (and it goes both ways) in being please back off
and look at those different attitudes as part of the scheme.  There are
a goodly number of very talently technicians in our business and they
are one of the very few sources of our learning process.  Thankfully,
most of them are readily willing to teach those of us who are willing to
listen.  I have been in the Piano Technicians Guild since the convention
in Washington, D.C. in 1981.  The wealth of knowledge I have absorbed
from the 'old heads' and friends is enormous.  Several of those talently
endowed technicians are no longer with us, very much to our loss.  Some
of those who are teaching and guiding us now have been around a long,
long time and when they are gone their talent is going with them.  It is
up to those of us willing to learn from them to encourage them to please
continue to be available to us and pass along to us as much as we can
absorb.

Susan, you're not necessarily an 'old head', but you are a very talently
technician, who is willing to impart your knowledge to us and we
sincerely hope you will be around a long, long time!  Please don't let a
couple of situations discourage you.  We need you and those like you.

While I'm on my soap box, my granddaddy passed a bit of wisdom on to me
before I enlisted in the US Navy in W.W.II .  He said that if one has to
use profanity (regardless of category) to get ones point across, one
doesn't have much to say.  He also said that if one can't say something
nice to or about someone, one shouldn't say anything.

So, Susan, and others who have been a bit 'torqued' recently, stay with
us.  WE need you.  Thanks for listening.

Lew Jones