'A minefield for the unsuspecting' .... was Re: BB brain

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:22:16 -0700

At 03:39 PM 4/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Susan Kline wrote:
>> You're forgetting the newcomers, David, as we've seen in just the
>> last week or so. This list shouldn't be a minefield for the
>> unsuspecting.
>
>So why not make some changes!  Anyone out there ready to roll up their
>sleeves and get to work?
>
>Carl

Thanks, Carl.

In November, 1998 I suggested a small addition to the FAQ: "The list
management [or owner, or whatever authority PTG decides is in charge]
reserves the right to unsubscribe any person whose behavior is deemed
unduly insulting to other list members, after one private warning."

I believe that some of the work needed is to decide who has the
authority to oust someone from the list, and to decide on guidelines,
such as the one I suggested.

When the lists were gathered together under PTG auspices, these gray
areas were not dealt with, which is now coming back to haunt us. I've
never been on any other list which would have put up with the behavior
we've seen this week for an instant.

Susan Kline