Justin Browne piano

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:38:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi to all:

This past week we had our regular Phoenix Chapter meeting at the Quality
Piano Co. Mike Boyd who hails from merry olde England, was in charge of
the technical presentation. He gave an excellent demonstration of how to
use OverDamper action Pianos to a good benefit (no, not for flower beds).

Mike cleans them up, makes sure the action functions properly, spruces up
the case and installs the Quiet Time system from PianoDisc. The hammers
never hit the strings because of the installation of a hammershank stop
rail. The action is regulated so that the keyboard has a normal feel to
it. Now you have a piano that can sound great, play any of the great piano
literature available on the PianoDisc system as well as the ability to
create your own piano music with touch sensitive keys, and it looks like
a piano, not just a keyboard.

Mike begged us to refer any available "birdcage" pianos to him. He says
they are very profitable.

Jim Coleman, Sr.