56 Steinway console

Paul Plumb plumb@execulink.com
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:17:09 -0400

HI,

I have had a good chuckle over all the comments so far, but it is certainly
easy to get off topic!  I'm really not interested in whether the Steinway
console is a PSO or any other piano animal - all I wanted to know was what
its' value is monetarily.  Once again - it is in need of a minor
regulation, needs hammers filed, friction taken out of many center pins -
the cabinet is very nice looking - no scratches.  If it were a Mason and
Risch console I would estimate its' market value at about $3000 - perhaps a
little more because of the quality of the workmanship shown in the action
parts, frame and cabinet.  This is Canadian dollars!  But I'll be glad to
get an estimate in Yankee dollars.

Thanks,

Paul Plumb, B.Mus.,
Plumb Pianos