low quality, and high quality

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 08:28:29 EDT

In a message dated 4/09/1999 11:24:05 AM, Michael wrote:

<<"Jim Bryant,    Visited Jacksonville on 2/5/99 weekend,  tallest building 50
stories?,  i.e you ain't no hick.">>

Shucks Mike don't let that building fool ya, we just rents it from
Detroit..... makes us look almost medium time huh?  :-)

<<"Boated the Okefenokee, saw afew gators,">>
Strange place isn't it?  There are several canoe trails that take two days to
travel. The one I like the best is from the East side to the West side. This
trail takes you away from all the noise and clutter of the rest of the
tourists and lets you see what the Swamp looks like in its "unimproved"
condition.  There are several hammocks (high, dry areas) that allow you to
camp overnight and be amongst all the critters. Nothing like the Swamp when
it is going to sleep unless it is when everything is waking up. You might
want to consider taking this trip if you enjoyed your boat outing.

<<"and a wild pig on the road along the beach between St. Augustine and
Jacksonville Beach, in that brushy wildlife area. Is that rare? Don't know if
it was a wild boar or just a pig.">>

 No, not really rare, but the hogs are really not "native" hogs like you
would see in Texas such as as Picary or Javelina. They are the feral remnants
of "range" hogs that early settlers (1500's)  allowed to roam the woodlands
and swamps until roundup time. The Boars are just as dangerous as "native"
hogs though, as are Sows with a new brood. Put another way...... Dem ain't yo
grandaddys hogs. :-)

  The area you drove through is being fast developed as more people discover
it and the  North Florida area in general....it soon will be gone I'm afraid.
Most of the development you saw on that route has happened in the last ten
years.

<<"Your humidity Scared me, (thought our jet was on fire),  The "smoke"
was  fog comming out of the vents so it looked like there was a fire
aboard.">>

Nah, not to worry, the smoke thing is just something we picked up from the
Oregon "Glad you are here/Now go home" Committee. :-) A little more subtle
than
the ""Californians GO HOME"" signs but just as effective I'm told.

<<"Must be tough on pianos.">>
Well yes and no. As you can imagine 'everyone' has, and uses, air
conditioning and the systems used do a very good job of removing moisture
from the homes/offices/churches. Once the piano has been acclimated to the
environment, by doing the things that need to be done to make them work,  the
biggest problem from the high humidity is growing great green gobs of mold
:-) Mold is a problem even in homes that are air conditioned 'if' that home
is surrounded by those huge old beatiful Oak trees and rarely if ever gets
any sunlight in appreciable amounts.
Hey we don gots ta worry none bout loose glue joints... :-)

Jim Bryant (FL)