Trashing Kimball-false beats

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 09 Apr 1999 21:44:58 -0400

Thomas D. Seay, III wrote:

> > List,
> >
> >This question was posed to me privately but I feel that it is of general
> >interest so I am answering it publicly, leaving the identity of the writer
> >out.  I hope that person doesn't mind.
>
> List,
>
> I'm not the person who posted to Bill privately, but if I were, I WOULD
> mind. I would be disappointed and perhaps a bit angry that anyone would
> presume to take a post written in private and respond to it in a public
> forum such as ours, even though my name was omitted. It is considered poor
> netiquette indeed to violate someone's trust in this manner, and anyone
> with even the slightest regard for the feelings of others wouldn't think of
> doing it.
>
> Why not just write a quick note to that person, asking permission to
> respond in public, thus giving the individual the opportunity to say yes or
> no?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Seay
> mailto:t.seay@mail.utexas.edu

Tom...it was me..I asked for Bill's advice.  It did not bother me...he
didn't use my name, and maybe someone else benefitted from his advice
besides me.

I've sent many private letters, only to reduce clutter on the site.  If
someone thinks it's a good topic for discussion, let 'em go.  There's no
way on God's earth anyone would know who originated the question.

While Bill sometimes raises eyebrows, he also has given me some great
tips.

This site has provided me so much info....it's much easier to solve a
problem here than my local chapter simply because it's hard to catch
folks at home on the phone.

Hope to see you around, Tom.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild