Trashing Kimball-false beats

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 13:16:03 -0500

> List,
>
>This question was posed to me privately but I feel that it is of general
>interest so I am answering it publicly, leaving the identity of the writer
>out.  I hope that person doesn't mind.

List,

I'm not the person who posted to Bill privately, but if I were, I WOULD
mind. I would be disappointed and perhaps a bit angry that anyone would
presume to take a post written in private and respond to it in a public
forum such as ours, even though my name was omitted. It is considered poor
netiquette indeed to violate someone's trust in this manner, and anyone
with even the slightest regard for the feelings of others wouldn't think of
doing it.

Why not just write a quick note to that person, asking permission to
respond in public, thus giving the individual the opportunity to say yes or
no?

Regards,

Tom Seay
mailto:t.seay@mail.utexas.edu