low quality, and high quality

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:37:49 -0500 (CDT)

=========================
>To those who now might think that I am maybe picky and arrogant, I say : I
>love to
>work with really well made, beautiful instruments of high class, and I have
>absolutely made it my goal to keep it that way.
>
>Antares

A lady called me last week wanting her *free* old upright tuned. She got mad
when I tried to decline gracefully, so I spent about ten minutes discussing
my reasons with her. Finally, she said she understood, and my reluctance to
do the tuning seemed reasonable under the circumstances. She also thanked me
for the explanation, since none of the other techs who refused her that day
had bothered to tell her anything but NO. I'd like to think I saved her some
grief, but I expect she kept calling until she either found someone to do
the work for her, or ran out of names in the Directory. At least she had a
clearer idea of what she was up against after we talked.

 Ron