Bass Strings in Overdrive... thanks & archive troubles :-(

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 08:45:47 -0400

Hi,

Thanks to all who responded.  I didn't know Mapes had already developed
a 'modified' string set for the problem.  (No sense reinventing the
wheel!)

Harvey, I'm sorry I cluttered up the space with things previously beat
to death.  It wasn't intended to irritate.  But I found what I needed in
just a few sentences.

I appreciate your sending me to the archives.  No doubt there's an
incredible amount of information there.  Unfortunately, it's not very
easy to use, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.  When I use the
search, it gives me a list of places I can go to get XX.  But when I get
there, I find a jumbled and scrambled mess.  Posts, and repeats of posts
with one line added, then 10 posts of totally different content, then
the original post again with the one line added, plus one more line...
I must be doing something wrong.

So call it laziness, if you want to, but I just posted my question in
hopes that someone could point me in the right direction.  They did.  A
while back, Ron and I were talking about soundboard impedance and he
suggested I look through the archives.  I've spent about 7 hours now
with the search feature and the archives and still have not come across
much of any consequence.

I'm really trying here, but I'm not getting to far.

Help if you can, flame if you must, or delete if you don't care.

Wishing you the best,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.