Refinishing fiasco (story)... Wim

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:21:07 -0400

Hi Clyde,

OOPS!!  I got things a little mixed up.  (Sheepish grin... is that shoe leather I
taste?... : - ))

Thanks again for posting this thing.  I learned a few things in the discussions.
You're absolutely right in remaining the "interested bystander".  But if you should
happen to hear how this thing plays out, let us know.  Curiosity...

For what it's worth, I had the 'privilege' of rebuilding a late 20's?  4'10" Wurlitzer
grand last year.  New board, new bridges, new block, restring, new dampers, new
hammers, new knuckles, new keytops/fronts/bushings... It surprised me.  It actually
sounded better than a lot of the new 4'10"s on the showroom floor.  It was a pretty
easy job since it was so small.  It was a family 'heirloom' type project.  Looking
back, it was fun! FWIW!

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.