One broken jack

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 21:50:13 -0400

Go from the front. Remove key, bridle strap, and possibly regulating and/or
jack stop rail as necessary to gain clearance. Support (dropped) whippen
beam with parallel plier to prevent stress to whippen flange, and with side
to side motion, rock jack saddle off with another plier. Reverse, using
plier to center new jack/saddle, insert key only until glue sets (presses
jack against butt leather); then put miscellaneous parts back on.

If that doesn't work, I didn't understand the question.

At 08:58 PM 4/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
[snip]
>I need to replace the jack without removing the wippen. I suppose I need
>to break the jack flange free from the wippen, replace the jack, and
>reglue the flange. There is little room to work. Any suggestions as to how
>to approach the task?
>
>Mark Graham

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC