Spinet Advice

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:15:39 -0400

There are many words in the question as stated, but the most important one,
the one that is implied, but not stated is the word "FREE".  This woman is
asking a professional, whose stock in trade (among other things) is good
advice, for free advice.

My response to her would be that I would be glad to evaluate the piano for
my standard fee.  I would also tell her that it is beyond my ability to
speculate as to her current and future financial condition and that she
would have to make her own decision to buy now or hold out for something
better.

Or, based on hard won experience with cheapskates and spinets, I might just
hang up on her.

Frank Weston