Spinet Advice

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:06:34 -0700

Adding to my last post.
Be aggressive about the need to see it....

Have client.... doctor..friend....after extensive conversations,
advise, begging him to have me look at his choice of piano,
Called to say he bought 1982 Hientzman apt. size.Looks
beautiful,  had one owner.
As a friend, and former piano student, the offer to do the estimate
for free. He was absolutely sure this $3000"deal"
was in perfect shape.

I don't believe it was tuned since 1982---150 cents
Many hammers blocking against the strings....etc.....
Soundboard has two big cracks, end to end.
$3000.

Looks gorgeous,  I don't think it was used,
seen more ware on hammers on store floors.

I have worst stories then this, but what
AMAZES me is the context of this one,
A friend, lots of conversation,
encouraging, ,and free estimate offer.

Client Knows best eh....