jazz tuning

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 08:00:45 -0400

At 12:11 PM 4/6/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Billbrpt@aol.com skrev:
>
>> IIf we're going to play Jazz, wouldn't it just *have* to be ET?  (So you
could
>> modulate and play in *all* the keys?)
>>

> Mr. Bill Bremmer
>It could also work with reverse well. That would make a nice HT in the key of
>Bb, Ab and Eb (I think). Perfect for Altosaxofon and Bebop and maybe cheaper
>to?  I better stick to ET it will end up in reverse well anyway.
>
>Ola Andersson (The Bebop Tuner)
>Bergen, Norway

Besides, jazz musicians wouldn't know what to do with something
other than AET (Approx. E, Almost ET) or NET (Near ET)
The other guys can't hit the same note twice anyways . . .

So the NET outcome starts to have cohesion after a few bourbons.

The NET difference adds body to he music removing the sterile homoginization.

NET is close enough for jazz . . .

Just some musings, <g>

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)