Dampp-Chaser - Hi Deb!

cjbond@geocities.com cjbond@geocities.com
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 21:55:47 -0500

btrout@desupernet.net wrote:

> I'd be curious about what kinds of levels are prevalent throughout the
> seasons in some of these homes that have the air conditioning on in >the summer and the humidifier running in the winter.  If they really do >keep a relatively steady relative humidity somewhere near 40-45%, then >I would think that kind of environment would actually be better for a
> piano than a relatively unsteady environment with a complete humidity
> control system, and in all honesty, I can't see a point in installing > a humidity control system that will never be used!

I live in Iowa and keep a piano studio in my walk-out basement (more
ideal than you would think).  Winter humidity is around 45-50% and
summer runs 60% or higher at times.  I run one regular room dehumidifier
in the studio year-round, and use two for the basement in the summer.
Also have the Dampp-Chaser dehumidifier on all pianos.  Lack of humidity
is never a problem in this case.  I've had great success keeping my
pianos in tune.  Temperature remains very constant year-round too.

Julie Bond