Jazz tuning style? ET, of course

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 19:08:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi Vince:

I like the positive mode of representing HT's, at least the Well Tempered
variety. I would say some keys are more in-tune and others are less in-tune.
I suppose this is somewhat comparable to the glass that is half empty
compared to the glass that is half full. I think what people like most
about some of the milder Wells is the more in-tuneness of the favored keys.
Yeah, I know, the real buffs also like the character of the less in-tune
more distant key tonalities.

Jim Coleman, sr.