Dampp-Chaser

Kgj38@AOL.COM Kgj38@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:42:19 EST

James,

I have had a dampp-chaser in my Kawai ust7 for the last  11 1/2 years.  I
have not had a thing to complain about it.  No vibrations, just increased
stability of tuning for my instrument.   My tuning pins are tight and the
action is still in excellent condition.  Living in the midwest, we have quite
severe swings in humidity and a climate control in the piano is a must, in my
humble opinion.

Sincerely,
Karen Johnson
ptg associate
Rochester, MN

<< I am not a technician, but do "tinker" a bit with my piano.  I have a
 Kawai US-6X upright.  I was wondering if the Dampp-Chaser
 humidity control unit is worth installing in my piano.  Does it really
 work? I was also curious if anyone has ever heard any complaints
 about this unit causing any vibration-like sounds since it sits
 inside the piano.  >>