Broadwood: Treasure or Trash?

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 22:18:43 -0700

A customer has called with the request that I evaluate a piano from the
estate (to be?) of a relative. It is a John Broadwood & Sons (London)
and reportedly was made in 1820 but I don't know how she knows that. I
asked her to find the serial number.

>From what she described, it is a square piano. She offered to bring it
over so I assume it's not a square grand. It has 5 legs. No other
information at present other than the relatives have very nice things.

She wants to know what sort of a value ballpark to put it in so she can
decide whether to give the instrument to relatives, the thrift shop, an
auctioneer or ?. The piano is an hours drive over the mountains so I
want to know more about it before I make the trip.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA