Free Piano

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:00:45 -0500

List,
I was tuning at a church today and the pastor became rather curious about
the SAT that I use, so as I was setting up, I gave him the short course on
what the machine does and how it figures out a good tuning based on the
difference between certain partials blah blah blah. He still seemed
interested, so I did the FAC while he watched. The F came out to a 6.0,
rather low but it is a nice little Asian grand piano. The A also was a 6.0,
and the C came in right around 6 too. So I told him the best tuning for
this piano is based on the FAC reading of 666, at which time his face got
red and he said 'Get this piano out of here, I won't play hymns on it ever
again, you can have it. We'll move in the spinet from the choir room until
we can find a replacement'. And I got myself a free piano, thanks Dr.
Sanderson.
Ken Jankura