worldclass junk

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 17:31:30 -0500

I tune some Marantz (Grand, Kincaid, Jesse French) pianos that Larry
Fine writes are "quite possibly the worst pianos ever made in the United
States" (Piano Book, 3rd ed., p. 104).  But they told a pitch, they meet
the needs of their owners, and they don't give me any trouble.  We need
both ends of the spectrum and everything in between, but I could never
personally sell a piano that I strongly suspect will be a source of
trouble for either the owner or the technician.  Some people really
can't afford anything better than the budget models.

Clyde Hollinger