Pricing fixing

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 06:43:02 EST

Dave writes:
>Any discussion of pricing by a group of
>people within the same industry is illegal in the U.S. The feds call it price
>fixing.

Greetings,
    Of course, the word "pricing" has to be defined, so the lawyers can start
there.
     This is not to say that a professional cannot disclose his fees to
another professional.  The law is intended to stop the collusion necessary for
protecting a price.  That is a long way from two tradesmen(tradesladies?)
bragging on how high they were able to get their prices, or complaining about
how low the prices were.
    As far as brokers getting sued for discussing fees, who knows what sort of
arrangement was going on.  I don't think techs need worry about it, unless
they trying to "fix" some (local?)prices, and then they should get everything
they deserve.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(dang, Saturday at 5:00 and its soapy already  (:)}}