Pricing?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:29:37 EST

<< Dave,

 What in the world would be wrong for two tuners to get together for
 lunch and discuss tuning prices?  Is this now a crime?  I'm not the
 smartest guy in the world, but please tell me what is wrong with this?
 Is this America we live in?

 Jim Turner

There is nothing wrong with two guys talking about what price they charge for
their work. What is illegal is for the two of them to conspire to charge the
same to a single customer. In other words, lets say both of us are the only
techs in town. There is a major rebuilding job to be done. You and I get
together and discuss, and plan to charge the same, high amount to do the work,
"forcing" the customer to choose either of us. That would be construed as
price fixing.

The same is true at the chapter level. There is nothing illegal for the
chapter to have a discussion on how much each of us is charging. What is
illegal, is for the chapter to pass a motion that all chapter members will
charge x number of dollars for a tuning.

Willem Blees