Pitch Anticipation

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 20:42:24 -0600

At A 440 six bps (beats per second) sharp of course would be 446.  That
isn't a quarter step off.  Actually a quarter of a half step off.  : )  A#
is 466  just to save those who would look it up. So the range is 25 cents.
  ONE beat at A 440 is close to four cents......

Still six bps seems high to me.  But I suppose I must realize that
different sections of the country have pianos that react differently from
MY pianos in My section of the country.

ric Ima Pickin
In south central South Dakota
----------
> From: A440A@AOL.COM
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re:  Pitch Anticipation
> Date: Thursday, November 26, 1998 7:36 AM
>
> Jon writes:
> >Even now with the school I service I will tune them (hang on to your
hats)
> >as much as six beats sharp (September).
>
>  Frantically looking for my hat..........
> Greetings,
>     This is a quarter-step off pitch, ( assuming 440 is still normal).
.  Which gives us a piano that is moving over a range of