Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 23:39:21 -0600

In 1987 when I was just getting started in this business, a good friend who
was an independent car dealer advised me that if you are in business for
yourself, if your not making $50 an hour, your not making anything. I'm not
sure what the figure might be today but the independent business man is in
different circumstances then the hourly paid or the salaried employee that
receives paid vacations, hospitalization insurance, car allowance where
applicable, sick leave, etc. If you are setting your rates without
considering these fringe factors, your are surely undercharging. At least
this makes sence to me.
Norm Barrett
Memphis TN