Pitch raises

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 12:18:36 -0500

". . . and leave it sharp. By doing so, the piano will be closer to
concert pitch the next winter than if I lowered it in the summer."

Very nice post, Kent, thank you.

Here is the Northeast at the University the humidity ranges from 15% to
85%.  I had to tune winter _and_ summer and the pitch change can be 50
to 100 cents so it was up and down, up and down, up and down, every
year.

Pitch lowering is counter to my desires, instincts and body movements,
but I had no choice.  I just cannot justify leaving any piano more than
about 16 cents sharp.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

                    Newton