pitch raises

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:44:32 -0500

Jeff, all you say is true.

My contention is that two trips are wasteful and leaving a piano not in tune
because of a pitch change is also wasteful.  Yes it will not be as stable as
when tuned again next month, but it will be no more or less stable in six
months than if all tunings were done at the first visit.

I have no choice to tune and stabilize a piano for a concert if they want 442
instead of 440.  I can also do the same with a home piano regardless of it's
pitch.  I will not tell them I have to come back next week and charge them for
an additional trip.

            Newton