Tuning Pin plate bushing removal

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:20:33 EST

<< Dear List:  What is the easiest way to remove tuning pin plate bushings
 when restringing, but not reblocking.  I haven't had a lot of luck for
 ease with a chisel.  The ones that didn't come out with the pins are
 really tight in the plate.  The ones that I removed today took me way
 toooooooooooooo long ( like 1 minute each on the average ).

 John R. Fortiner >>

I have never done this, since I allways remove the plate when I do a stringing
job, (either to put in a new a new pin block, or refinish the plate and
soundboard).

Use a drill that is the same size as the tuning pin hole, but set it so that
it just bareley touches the pin block.

Willem Blees