Pitch Anticipation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:36:59 EST

Jon writes:
>Even now with the school I service I will tune them (hang on to your hats)
>as much as six beats sharp (September).

 Frantically looking for my hat..........
Greetings,
    This is a quarter-step off pitch, ( assuming 440 is still normal).  I will
make the assumption that at the driest part of the year, the piano will be and
equivalent amount flat.  Which gives us a piano that is moving over a range of
50 cents.  There is small chance an instrument will stay in reasonable tune or
condition with this much movement.
    A ETD will get it close enough for school use in about 90 minutes, but
there sure can't be a whole lot of stability in there.
REgards,
Ed Foote