cheated customer. was Re: Whitney spinet

Ted Simmons ted@brevard.net
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:29:57 -0500

Dear list,

  Thanks for your responses about my experience with a Whitney spinet that
was 100 cents flat.  The more I think about it the more I realize that I
did what should have been done to this piano.  It had to be at A-440
because a youngster was starting piano lessons.  Picture this: if I were
running a test of an automobile and the test required me to go 20% above
redline on the tachometer I would do it on an Olds, Chevy, Ford, etc.  But
I would really hesitate if it were a Yugo no matter how it looked.  We use
our best judgment.  I don't think there is a pat answer to any problem with
pianos.  This list is a firm example of that.  There are so many various
opinions on how to do things and that is really what makes it an
interesting list.  And, let's face it,  there is more than one way to do
something.  Your way may be quicker and easier than my way but both ways
can end up with the same result.

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, FL>> >Ted: