get a price sheet. was Re: cheated customer. was Re: Whitney spinet

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:07:57 EST

<< A good guide for labor charges is published by Randy Potter. It's based
 on the work by Joe Garret.  It breaks down just about every task you can
 perform on a piano.  Just total the hours and multiply by your labor
 rate.

 I just quoted an elbow replacement job, but forgot the cost of the
 elbows!  When I think too fast I don't think at all.
 --

 Frank Cahill >>

Frank, and the list.

To avoid cheating yourself, make a price sheet of all possible repairs you
have done, or think you can do, including the parts. Then when the need
arises, get out your price sheet, and see how much the job will be. Not only
will you not cheat yourself, or the customer, you'll be much more consistant
with your repair charges.

If you have the price sheet in the spread sheet of your computer, then when
you raise  your hourly rate, you can enter that, it it will automatically
readjust all your prices. And when the parts companies come out with new
prices, you can adjust those also, and just print out a new price list.

Willem