Too much of a good thing

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:16:49 -0500

Friends:

I am certain some of you long ago reached the point where I am now, so I
would be interested in your advice.

After six years of full-time piano service (and 11-12 years part-time
before that) I am swamped with work.  How does one go about reducing a
workload?  I am committed to reliable service for my current clients,
and I have a waiting list that will probably take me into February, and
others keep calling.  I do no advertising except in the phone book.

Ideas I have considered:  refuse to go beyond a certain distance; refuse
all new clients; stop calling back faithful clients who have old
clunkers; become more expensive; there may be others.  When you got too
busy, what did you do?  Would you do it the same way again, and if not,
how would you do it differently?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT