Trichords tuning

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 01:39:14 -0600

Hi Roger,

Which Octave? What tuning style (OTS? Which way is right? (bass or treble)
Did you tune the bass string then middle then treble? or M B T or T M B?
Did you use the listener ear or just watch the spinner? What partials was
RCT listening to?

Interesting that your piano showed a *rise* in pitch. The ones I have
checked (small pso's) showed a drop in pitch with all three strings sounding.

At 12:58 AM 11/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
> Greetings Issac,
>                        &  was with in 1.5c of pitch through out after 3
>tunings. The partial spectrum was within15% on each string of the unison,
>checked by PAZ.
>  Objective to tune 12 notes to obtain stable full bloom on every string (
>0.02c). Tune the first 6 note working left to right, the second 6 notes
>working right to left.
>  The first string was tuned purely to RCT, the second and third aurally,
>on average I ended up about 0.4c sharp per string, I corrected each string
>for full bloom, Playing the three strings together the indication showed a
>full cent sharp. but the unison sounded very tight.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
http://www.dlcwest.com/~drose/