Holding the Backchecks/Broken Bridal Straps

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:16:05 -0600

>As an interesting footnote, I purchased the four-piece set of round
>metal rods (sold by APSCO-and most likely others) for the task, some
>years earlier. They were a pain. When applying pressure, they would
>often roll right over the adjuster (in drop actions)...
>John A. Tuttle

Welcome.

For your information, John, the four piece metal rod kit is designed for
drop lifter actions with action brackets that specifically hold the rod in
place.  Any other use is why you experienced what you did.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731