cheated customer. was Re: Whitney spinet

Ted Simmons ted@brevard.net
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:08:55 -0500

Hi Willem,
  My conscience has bothered me over this since a string did not break.
However, I think I did the prudent thing under the circumstances. The point
was to avoid tuning above pitch by any amount.  After the 4th tuning the
piano ended right on A-440 and sounded pretty good for a Whitney.  The
piano hadn't been tuned for 20 years and really sounded horrible.  I think
I would do the same if the occasion arises again.  However, I'll be sure to
explain things better to the customer. Thanks for the critique Willem.  I
can take the heat without a flame suit.

Ted Simmons