Broken Key

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 20:49:26 -0600

>> ...I use metal tape from car repair, for the
>> reinforcing. It is strong and thin, so filing is not required...
>> ?
>
>I got it years ago, when I used to work on my older cars. It is almost like
>tinfoil, about .0035" thick...
>John M. Ross

I have found an item at AutoZone that approximates this metal tape.  It's
made by Bondo and called Self-Adhesive Body Patch.  There are two small
flat sheets that can be cut with household scissors.  I just purchased it
today and the next broken key I come across is going to be the guinea pig.
Looks like it will work great and is thinner than what I have been using.

A special thank you to the persons who mentioned it!

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731