Palm Pilot Keyboard

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:05:38 -0800

Hi Greg,
I think most of your questions have been asked and answered both here and in
the Journal, but I'll try to quickly respond to your immediate questions
with my comments interspersed.

>I would be interested in your source for these little
> wonders.

There are multiple websites that sell 3Com Palm Pilots.  Retail outlets like
Office Depot, Circuit City, Price Costco....etc. carry them now, but you
will get a much better price over the Internet. They all compete for the
lowest price and that changes almost daily, so it's worth keeping tabs on
them every now and then if you aren't ready to shop just yet.  Here are just
a few:
www.outpost.com
www.buycomp.com
www.compusa.com

 >first like to ask you how exactly you use it.  I just spoke to my
> brother who bought one just the other day and he said it wouldn't be
> powerful enough for what I need to do.

I have to disagree with your brother.  It has far and away enough power AND
memory to keep all of your customer records, addresses, memos,
games,database, spreadsheet.  I kept detailed daily records of all of my
customers for a year and a half before I needed more memory.  But the
important thing is that this is to be linked with your desktop computer.  If
you are looking to replace your main computer you will be disappointed.

  >How hard
> is it to link these two together.

All it takes is placing it in the little holder on your desktop and pushing
one button.  It takes a few minutes, and everything is updated.  I do this
everyday, just to be safe.

You might want to read the comments written by the others in the Q & A
section of the October Journal.  Good luck.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA