CA glue

a1tuner a1tuner@mail.telis.org
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:50:29 -0800

Hi Bill & group:

This glue is great for just about anything that needs either a permanent
or temporary fix.  Skin, unfortunately, seems like forever until you get
the solvent on it.  Been there,  done that, stuck in a spinet of
questionable lineage, until the coustomer could hand me my bottle of
solvent which was Waaayy across the room.

In any case, there is a non-cfc accellerator available from Dreyburgh.
Works well with supposedly no nasty effects.  If you want to be
absolutely sure you're not polluting the atmosphere, water works too.
Just a bit, slightly damp, will set the stuff off, albeit not as quickly
as the other stuff.  Which brings up another interesting point.  When
you finish using the glue & close up the bottle, try to keep temperature
as stable as possible in the bottle.  As the glue is used up,
condensation forms inside & after a while, depending on hot/cold/freeze
cycles, you will have a solid lump, and an expensive one too, I might
add if there was still a large quantity left.

Happy gluing,

Pete Remneff
Reno Chapt. PTG
Truckee CA

Yes, leaving the stuff in the back of the car in winter is not
recommended.