Yrs until RPT upgrade

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:10:26 -0500

Carl Root wrote:

> Frank Cahill wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious...how many years of full-time piano work did you have before
> > you upgraded to RPT?
>
> The traditional answer is 1,000 pianos.
>
> The tricky part is defining full-time work.  According to my PTG survey,
> it typically takes at least 5 -10 years to reach full employment.  Many
> never achieve it.  How many pianos per week are necessary to build up
> your chops?
>
> Carl Root, RPT

Hi Carl. Well, our chapter is pushing for upgrades and I was just
curious as to what other folks did. I passed the written last spring, so
I'm obligated to push on or start over.

Wes Lesher I helping me, so I may just make the grade.

I'm full time, but not fully employed!!! I'm busy now, but I now things
will slow down.

Some folks in our chapter worked for 10 years before upgrading. Some
techs have been at it for 20 years and are still associates!!!

It's amazing how diverse the answers are.  See you at Levine School of
Music some day.  The traffic there is hell. Takes me less time to go to
Kitts from Fairfax than to go downtown.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member