hammer realignment

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:14:31 -0700

Hmmm. Looks like a job for Mr. electric shank-bending pliers, if it's
not a spinet.

Jim Coleman, Jr. told me about a piano he tuned once that had that same
problem. The fix for it (Jim, Sr., please correct me if I heard this
wrong) was that someone had removed one side of the hammer, back to the
molding, and glued it on to the other side so that it would strike all
three strings.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting this as the _best_ fix. ;-)

Tom