Broken agraffe

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:17:38 -0500

I do think I would stop short of using an acid that eats brass but not
iron
(if there is such a thing).

There is, it has been done, but it is messy.

Talk to a machinist and show him the problem.  It is amazing what they
can do with metal.

This is likely the cheapest approach.

Please folks, never use those damned  extractors, they consistently
cause more problems than they solve.  Use the "Liquid Wrench", two
pointed screwdriver and drill two hole in the agraffe to fit the
screwdriver.  Turn out.  Easy, quick, no hassle and near perfect.

This is a SIMPLE repair.  DOn't make it more complex.

                        Newton