Thanks again!

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:03:48 -0600

Hi Ed,
          This under warranty so call Kent Webb, I prefer to change both
strings of the bi-cord, as there is less hassels with going back to tweek
the unison. Check the bridge pins to ensure there is side bearing, or a
nother possible cause is the bridge is split at the pins.
Regards Roger

At 08:27 PM 18/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>This is in response to all those who helped with the problem of the overly
>bright tone of the Baldwin Spinet.  I will be using the steam technique to
>try to smooth out the brittleness of the tone.  Thanks to you all.
>
>I went over this evening to talk with the owner about what I was going to
>do, and there is a second problem.  The C# 3, is the lowest wound string in
>the tenor section, and it really sounds dead.  Almost like the damper is
>engaging.  (I checked, it isn't).  The lowest string is the worse of the
>two.  She said that particular note has always been that way, and she has
>just learned to live with it.  It is noticeably more dead than the others
>around it.
>
>The piano was bought in 1993.
>
>Should I get a new string from Baldwin and replace the string?  I don't
>believe a universal string would be satisfactory in this situation.  Can I
>get a matching string from Baldwin, if not, how should I go about getting a
>string that would match tone and quality?
>
>Incidentally, I should brag.... Piano was last tuned in August, she has
>been teaching lessons every day since Sept, and every note is still dead
>on.  (Ok, Ok, G3 needed a minor tweek, but still...)
>
>Ed Carwithen
>John Day, OR

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre