TL97

Rob Kiddell atonal@telusplanet.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 07:56:38 -0700

> When I set stretch, I use (for example) C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, go from note to
> note and then fair the curve.  I don't think extrapolating from just one
> note could give useful results.  Or, once again, have I misunderstood the
> question?
>
> Frank Weston

	Yes, that's what I mean... take a reading for one note, say, F3,
check the values for 2nd, 4th partial, set the stretch for the note
before you tune it, calculate the stretch between the two reference
points, (F3 and F4), tune the intervening notes.

	Do you get a respectable progression of intervals, (3rds, 4ths,
5ths)?

	Anyway, it's just a digression.

	By "smoothing the curve", do you mean using the cryptic visual
editor, or can this be done through the numerical editing window?

	If anything is weak on TuneLab, it has to be the graphical
editor... Bob, can you hear me?

Regards,

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG