FAC Averaging

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:16:06 -0600

>Hey, why not average all the tunings in RCT and just use it all
>the time...: ]
>David Ilvedson, RPT

Now there's an idea, David.  Be sure and let us know how it works out.

In one situation I have 24 Sohmer studios in one building, numerous Yamaha
U1s in another, a bunch of Baldwin Hamiltons with zero tenor, 2 tenor, 4
tenor bass strings, etc.

I use to average all the FAC readings on these particular pianos in a
computer spreadsheet when I was using the SAT II, now I let RCT do it.  It
just seems to be the way to go anymore.

It's really quite interesting to read and discover all the different ways
that are being used by piano tuners to choose how they want to perform the
job of tuning a piano.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician